Please ensure you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a “privacy notice”) and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you. This privacy notice contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
HOBDENS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT LTD collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws. In this privacy notice, references to “we” or “us” means HOBDENS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT LTD
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our GDPR data protection policy.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of our property management we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
The address of your property, your home address if different, contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses as well as details of any other person whom we can notify on your behalf of any emergencies. We may also hold information such as mortgage information and other Land Registry details which we are required to hold on your or your Landlord’s behalf.
The provision of the information stated above is required from you to enable us to perform our contract as managing agent appointed for and on behalf of your Freeholder/Management Company. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
Information collected from other sources
We do not generally collect personal information about you from other sources
How we use your personal information
We will typically collect and use this information for the following purposes:
For the performance of the Covenants contained in the Lease agreement (or Deeds if you own a freehold house) you have with our client your Freeholder/Management Company and pursuant to which we are appointed as their agent.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share the following categories of personal data:
- Information about your service charge account with up to date balances to the Freeholder/Management Company or your solicitors when completing sales enquiries packs or dealing with Lease extensions.
- Contact information to contractors dealing with maintenance requirements at your property when you need to be present
This personal information may be shared with the following categories of
Freeholders, Management Companies, your nominated Legal representatives, and contractors.
This data sharing enables us to perform our contract as Managing Agents.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Where your personal information may be held
Information may be held at our offices, and third-party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above. We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold, including those measures detailed in our GDPR data protection policy.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal contact details for the period when we manage the development where your property is and will continue to hold those details during the full term of your ownership and for a period of 6 years after as required by UK Tax Law.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on “Legitimate Interest” as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. This is based on the obligations and covenants agreed between yourself and the Freeholder / Management Company in your Lease/Deeds. This Legitimate Interest requires us to be able to collect service charges and ground rent and carry out the maintenance and repair obligations outlined in the same document.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information